Monday, December 20, 2004

Lori's 30th birthday was Saturday, and by chance we got Logan's Run from Netflix and threw it on after an afternoon of seafood and art museums. I vaguely remember the short-lived TV series from back in the day, never actually saw the Michael York version, and Lori didn't know just how appropriate a film it was for this final milestone birthday before old age begins. It was delightful, and we learned a valuable lesson about utopian societies. When it comes to the human race, every advance is a step backward. And vice-versa. Of course, we all go through our own personal Carousel. On my 30th birthday I got loaded alone and watched Nail Gun Massacre in a bedroom with a sheet for a door in a drafty house I was sharing with two other unemployed guys. I am thankful to have been renewed.

Soemthing Weird Video won't give me stills for a Doris Wishman feature review I wrote for the next issue of Resonance. "You should have your writer do that when the review the picture." What?

No comments: