Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Michigan Chillers!

Who knew such a thing existed? My 11-year old nephew Anthony, for one. I just learned today this is his favorite series of books, as I'm sure it would be for me if I was his age. The puzzle of how to make Alpena, Petoskey and Gaylord seem like exciting places to kids weaned on video games and gory prime time television has finally been solved.

Anthony just started guitar lessons too, which means he has a head start on me, development-wise (I didn't actually "learn" anything til I was 15 at least). I plan on sending him an Apollo 9 cd as soon as he learns three chords, just to reinforce how much can be done with them. Younger nephew Brandon (seven years old) is enrolled in ballet right now, and reportedly he's already the most advanced in his class. Unfortunately, I have no wisdom to pass down on the dance front, but I'm proud nonetheless.

No comments: