Saturday, February 16, 2008

START CLIMBIN' BABY

Deming turned me on to Egg City Radio because of the fine assortment of live Black Sabbath bootlegs, and sho nuff, the California Jam 74 performance is utterly heavy, but the selection goes deeper, deep enough that I haven't even gotten around to the rest of that fine vintage Sabbath. Live Birthday Party and Kraftwerk, long lost LPs by Dust and Von Lmo, and the great granddady of them all, one of God's favorite records, Bo Diddley's filthy masterpiece Black Gladiator. I've had it on vinyl for years, but getting an MP3 rip of this thing to blast in the car is a fucking event. I've said all I need to (and all anybody wants me to) say about this monster of a record in the Stranger, so I'll shut up, woman. Just check it out, and if you can't dig it, then you are hopeless. There, I said it.

Oh, I almost forgot, Deming says the live Little River Band bootleg up on ECR is red hot, so don't pass it up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm gonna go and download this. Been curious about it since I first heard about it a few years ago.
Somehow I believe it's gonna rawk much harder than his performance in the 1990 cheesefest known as "Rockula".
Oh, and by the way, I got ahold of the Coven stuff from some random website I stumbled upon!
Spankin'!