Monday, June 02, 2008

It may no longer be news to anyone, but Bo Diddley is dead. In recent months I've been listening to a lot of Diddley, mostly Black Gladiator (as usual) but I've also gained a new appreciation for his primitive early sides -- "Bring It To Jerome" is truly hypnotic, that one burrows deep and can follow me for hours. Thanks to Jeremy for dragging me out to see the man a couple years back, I never would have gone on my own without a free ticket. When it comes to rockandroll pioneers, I've seen Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley perform live, and Bo was the only one who didn't disappoint, even if he spent the whole show sitting down.

Over the weekend I did little aside from booze it up, dig some soap opera action and contemplate ... rebuilding has begun.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hey, have we seen this yet?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100506/
Bo Diddley AND Susan Tyrell.
Oh, and it looks like AMG needs a review.