Monday, September 22, 2008

OK, I'm not so hip to internet viral sensations, so maybe this is something everybody else has already seen and forwarded to each other (I found it through Metal Inquisition), but Sonseed provided me with a great deal of pleasure yesterday morning ...



Apparently it's sweeping the nation, thanks to Doug at Dougsploitation, who not only posted the decades-old videotape on his blog but also endured baffling accusations of fraud from folks who found this Christian ska band too amusing to be true. Check his blog for the whole story, plus a great collection of vintage TV Guide magazine graphics and sleaze film reviews.

Today is the first official day of Fall and I couldn't be happier. Summer 2008 was the worst, and I'm glad to be rid of it. Some great things were born among the turmoil, but I've always been an Autumn person. Dead leaves, grey skies, cold wind and my birthday, that's where it's at. The End Times Organization is slowly getting back on its feet and the Blacktree Singers 7" record has been approved by upper management, so the world doesn't look quite so pointless anymore ... still utterly pointless, no doubt about it, but at least I'm back to sharpening my weapons.

No comments: