Friday, March 27, 2009



As a Kerrang! reader in the early/mid 1980s, I remember Anvil well ... not their music, though, in mid-Michigan back then their records would have only been available in specialty import shops at inflated prices and what little cash I had for metal in high school was usually spent on sure things like Slayer, Plasmatics, WASP, Motorhead and Venom. Upon learning of this upcoming doc, I checked out some vintage Anvil vids, and they're pretty dire, one of a million early-80s metal bands with energy, grit, clunky riffs and haphazard arrangements (judge for yourself down below). Still, I'm looking forward to the documentary, but I'll probably wait til it comes out on DVD so I don't have to sit in a theater full of smug Seattle assholes laughing at the hosers.



No comments: