Monday, April 20, 2009

Lori saved a life or two Friday night ... we were crossing a street about 6:00pm, and she was the only one to notice a car carelessly making a right-hand turn directly into the path of a petite older woman walking an even-tinier dog. Lori let out a shriek that got everyone's attention (even the driver) and the car stopped mere inches short of crushing the pedestrians. I was so proud. This wasn't a high-velocity situation, so perhaps the woman only escaped some painful injuries, but that dog would have been mashed flat.

The rest of the weekend was fine despite a few snags. The End Times return to Egg Studios at the end of May to start making the greatest record of our time, so I spent several hours mapping out the logistics. We got our new printer/scanner up and running (see below -- lots more wrinkled fliers and faded photos on Facebook). Watched The Pit and the Pendulum for the first time -- one of Corman's best, how have I not seen it before? And I've been following my naturopath's advice, so that means breakfast, whether I want it or not, and wouldn't you know it, force-feeding myself first thing in the morning really does make a difference. Next step is cutting out stimulants and getting regular exercise and then maybe I'll turn into a real boy.

Today is Adolf Hitler's birthday and we're going to a barbecue tonight. I don't think these two facts are related.

No comments: