Monday, February 05, 2007

For the second year running, I got loaded at a superbowl party and paid the price, although this go-round the price was not so high. Last year I had the beer before the whiskey and couldn't leave the house at all, this year I reversed the process and as a result I was able to (slowly, with a tremble) head off to work. Much as I hate football (perhaps that's too strong a word, but I'll stick with it for now) Lori and I had a fine time with our pal John, who was not only celebrating the game but also his 28th birthday. We all got lit, enjoyed Prince and listened to Lee Hazlewood records after the sports were over. On the way out, John handed me a few burned copies of Bob Dylan's satellite radio show, which are helping immensely in getting me through today. So it's his birthday, how come I got the gift? It's good to be the king.

Reviewing BLACK SNAKE MOAN in a few hours for Seattle Sound. I'm hoping it's good, but not expecting it to be. I'll let you all know if it's safe.

No comments: