Friday, March 21, 2008


Someone is spending a lot of time re-reading and reviewing in detail decades-old copies of Cracked Magazine. Finally, right? I still possess several of the issues covered on that website, plus a couple tattered editions of Crazy ... I was mad for Mad clones when I was a kid, I even preferred them in my pre-pubescence as I found Mad to be a little aggressive for my delicate sensibilities (I was a sensitive child). I once interviewed cartoonist Dan Clowes and couldn't resist grilling him about his brief tenure with Cracked ... he accurately described the mag as being "absolutely unfunny."

Cracked recently relaunched itself as a humor website, but I won't provide the link because, you guessed it, it's "absolutely unfunny." At least they respect tradition.

No comments: