Friday, March 28, 2008

They'll be ten bucks and ought to be ready by the time we play at the Rendezvous/Jewelbox Theater on April 16, 2008. Matchbooks and tote bags are next.

The End Times will be in Tacoma this Saturday night, doing whatever it is we do at the Java Jive, the coffepot-shaped dive in the industrial district that used to have drum-playing monkeys on display. That was a long time ago. Now they host shows for the likes of us, the Aurora Roarers, Hardison and Deborah Page. Admission price will be three dollars and music begins at 9:00pm. Are you coming? Yeah, right, I'll hold my breath.

Lori's been gone for two days at a librarian's conference. It was her turn to bring the liquor. Meanwhile, I'm at home alone realizing that I've lost the ability to know when to eat or sleep without her there to prompt me. I can keep the apartment tidy and take care of basic bodily hygiene (showers, shaving, toothbrushing, etc.) but my most profound needs are tied to my wife and the routines we've developed together. Luckily I have plenty of coffee and bourbon in the house, so I can still get to and from work every day. All else is a total loss.

No comments: