Saturday, January 24, 2009

I wrote about how my wife Lori and I have three wedding anniversaries last year at this time, so I won't repeat myself about such biz, but I will report a very romantic evening between two consenting adults ... we shared a Chocolate Manhattan at a Wallingford fancy-pants joint (some guy walked in on me in the restroom, but the scallops were very good) and then took in a showing of the new romantic comedy Titanic 2: Revolutionary Road. As a rule I can't take Leonardo Di Caprio seriously in anything and rarely give myself a reason to try, and I will probably stick with that (same goes for post-Splash Tom Hanks, but I digress). Still, Lori and I love Richard Yates enough that we feel we should encourage his standing in mainstream American media, no matter the cost ... Revolutionary Road is a devastating novel (even if I have a greater fondness for The Easter Parade) and if it takes that kid from Critters 3 and ol' whatsername from all those movies I'm not interested in, then so be it, the end justifies the means. Go see it. No, read the book and then maybe rent the DVD. Or get it from the library. You could probably get both from the library.

Happy anniversary, baby. I'll be coming to bed as soon as I'm done writing this.

2 comments:

Mark Lansing said...

I would think Kate Winslett's willingness -- nay, eagerness -- to do nudity on-screen would earn your respect for her work.

Anonymous said...

Naked women are a dime a dozen, Mark. I don't need to sit through Hollywood movies to see bush.