Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Well, a correction is in order. There is further evidence that Robert Quine's death was a suicide, an intentional overdose. This is not a whacked-out hotshot. RIP

Lori and I will be leaving Sunday June 13th (with luck) for our drive across country to the Capital City of Michigan (the name of which I forget). For anyone who cares a little, we'll be getting there sometime the following weekend. Then the wedding is June 26th ... if you didn't get an invitation but you're reading this, most likely you're invited and the damn thing got lost in the mail. You wouldn't be the first. Drop me a line and I'll straighten you out.

Friday I'm interviewing Jehane Noujaim, director of the fine documentary Control Room. She spent time at the Al Jazeera network at the start of the Iraq invasion and captured the goings-on, and it's a great film. I'm having trouble getting all my ideas and facts together ... I'm politically ignorant, primarily because I tend to see both sides of every argument, and that's an exhausting thing. Far as I'm concerned, EVERYBODY is wrong, there is no truth and the best you can do is just be polite to your immediate neighbors. So I tend to feel that the war is none of my business ... which, of course, is not so. The one thing I came away with is the feeling that Al Jazeera are as biased as Fox News, which the reporters readily admit to. So is there anywhere we can get honest coverage of the war? I guess that is my first question to Ms. Noujaim.

No comments: