Friday, October 21, 2005

El Smasho on All Music Guide

Pretty nice review, this, and J. Ankeny had some kind words for the "Notorious/Frank's Five Speed" single as well ... didn't think I'd ever see the day. If only I had the forethought to make sure my name was on the record somewhere. The first, still undocumented single had actual song credits, but I got ripped off on this one ... for the record, "Foster Brooks" is mine, a bitter tribute to an old girlfriend named Cindy that I wrote after repeated exposure to Superchunk's "Slack Motherfucker." Well, at least Tom Deja's name will live on in infamy. All hail Sonic Tom!

Speaking of rock n' roll, I'm playing bass in a Damned tribute band on Halloween night at a Seattle dive called The Fun House. We're doing the Damned Damned Damned LP in its entirety. For those of you keeping track, this will be the first time I've played bass guitar in front of an audience since 1998 ... I got the Knobgobbler restored special for the occasion after seven years of decaying in various closets. First full-length stage gig since The End Times in 1999, not counting this incident. Come on out if you're looking for booze on Halloween and can afford to stay up late (we're headlining for some reason ... tonight I meet the drummer for the very first time).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't blame me, I was always for songwriting credits.