Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Hello, Ladies.

It's been raining every day for weeks. Why didn't somebody warn me about Seattle's weather? I have to say, in the 3.5 years I've lived here, this season is the first where I felt the oppression of the rain. After a lifetime of snow and miserable Mudwest summers, the relatively gentle Northwestern climes were easy to endure. But this winter has been harsh. On Sunday Lori and I had dedicated ourselves to an entire day of relaxation ... no writing, no homework, no Resonance, no job hunting. We got up at 7:00 am and spent the first six hours of the day lounging in bed, eating a lengthy breakfast and watching season three of Dallas . By mid-afternoon we had serious cabin fever, but there was nothing we could do -- the rain was coming down in sheets, hadn't let up all day and we were fucked. Frustration turned to depression and not even six more hours of television could make me feel better.

It looks like I may have another wedding on my hands. My pals Laura and Jay are hitching themselves to each other and have asked me to perform the ceremony. I'm thrilled for them, even if this means I'm gonna have to fly ... they're doing it in Phoenix, AZ and what with our "busy" schedules and Deming's upcoming nuptials, Lori and I just don't have time to get there any other way. I hate to fly. Maybe as minister I'm entitled to a rider, and I can request some narcotics to keep me placid (at least one way). While in town, I'm looking forward to visiting Alice Cooper's Town, sports theme or no sports theme. Is there anything else in Phoenix?

No comments: