Wednesday, June 13, 2007

How well do celebrities tip?

Although my negativity in the previous post was genuine, I have to report that things are smoothing over and I'm acclimating to an open-ended 9-5 M-F existence again. The constant scurry of freelancing was killing me anyhow - the eternal search for gigs, the uncertainty of payment, the inevitable betrayal of my talents in pursuit of dollars. A few outlets remain ... The Stranger still likes me, it seems, and while Jason's skipping out on Seattle Sound I oughta still have a venue there, too ... so if I ever really have something to say, I can say it, and when the checks come it'll be disposable income rather than essential. Next up: a "thinkpiece" on GG Allin requested by The Stranger. My whole life has been leading up to this point.

Lori and I bought a car, a slightly-used black Scion with double sunroof and MP3 player. No cruise control, unfortunately, which would have come in handy when we drive to Michigan the first week of July for a family reunion. Our final day in the Big Mitten will be spent at an undisclosed recording facility tracking with the End Times -- the kids are flying and driving in seperately to join me for a quick session. When we return we'll press up some demos and get a little more aggressive in soliciting clubs and labels.

Anyhow, our time in Michigan will be limited but with any luck we'll be able to grab at least one evening out with old friends. If there are any extant, that is. Get in touch, let us know what you're doing the week of July 4th.

No comments: