Monday, February 04, 2008

"THIS MEANS NOTHING TO ME"

OK, this weekend was much better, if anyone's keeping score. A loose, experimental yet satisfying practice with the band Friday night, afterwards got righteously drunk at a gathering/wake for Resonance and had more fun than I expected. The next day The End Times had a slightly marathon 4-track recording session, laying down new songs (some painfully new) plus a batch of well-worn favorites. Lori and I joined some friends that evening and watched a vintage 1985 VHS tape of the Live Aid concert (complete with commercials), much of which was barely worth fast-forwarding through (INXS, Style Council, Paul Young) but the Black Sabbath reunion was awfully good and Ultravox were a nice surprise. Sunday me and Deming -- er, I mean, Kate -- went to Kinkos to put together promotional materials for the band. Then she bought an ice cream cake and I went home and everything is kind of a blur after that ...

No comments: