Thursday, July 17, 2008

End Times 1999

Behold the dawn of the End Times ... at the end of the century I ganged up with Jay Millionaire and we somehow got our grizzled 30-something asses kicked by a trio of teenage El Smasho fans. The music came fast and furious (as the casual listener can deduce by clicking the above link), we gigged everywhere in Michigan we could for about three or four months (although strangely not in Flint or Traverse City) until poor manners cracked our generation gap into a gulf that could no longer be bridged. Luckily, we made it into Ghetto Recorders before it all dissolved.

In an effort to document this embryonic stage and establish the End Times as a long-term project in constant flux (a fate I'm pretty much resigned to these days), I've posted these songs on MySpace for lovers of ELHC trivia. Dig them, then dig the modern day version and I think you'll see that straight line I'm drawing in the sand. If not, well, the hell with it.

No comments: