Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers' Day to all of those who are or who have fathers. God bless us, every one.

Tonight, after years of research and months of rehearsal, we finally debut DESPERADO, a musical tribute to Linda Ronstadt ... I already thought out loud about this project, so perhaps you remember my position here. Say what you will about Ms. Ronstadt's platinum-quality MOR pop vocal stylings, the woman has great taste in songwriters, so we'll perform compositions by Lowell George, Warren Zevon, Roy Orbison and more. Lineup finds me and Tyson electrified, plus a father/son rhythm section called Jeff and Tony and the daring Jeannene fronting the gang, and despite the drunken leisure of our initial sessions, the set list is tight and our arrangements are robust. So we're at the Wildrose at 8:00pm ... that's right, tonight I'm gonna be on stage in a lesbian bar playing "Blue Bayou." We always knew I was destined for this.

More info via Blue Notes.

No comments: