Friday, November 20, 2009







Today marks the 25th anniversary of me seeing Slayer play at a tiny Ukrainian wedding hall in Flint, Michigan. As the first time I had ever seen slam dancing and headbanging in real life, it was an important formative experience, not to mention one of the coolest dates I've ever gone on (hi Melanie!). Incredibly, video evidence of this gig exists on YouTube ... sound and picture quality is dodgy, so if you want a better idea of what I heard that night, I recommend downloading this brutal live bootleg of Slayer playing in Holland a couple months later.

Perhaps it's obvious, but we've got internet at home again. So I might answer emails quicker from now on. Or maybe I won't. I'm unpredictable.

Or am I? Check out these great movies that Hulu posted while I was unplugged for the past few months. Seriously, you haven't lived until you've seen a snowboarding-themed slasher film, totally worth 90 minutes of your day.

2 comments:

lori tschirhart said...

happy birthday baby

Anonymous said...

Yes! I remember that night! My neck was so sore the next day!-Ragzter!