Thursday, June 26, 2008

WE TURN FOUR, AGAIN

Today marks the fourth anniversary of my second wedding to Lori ... we discussed the first six months back, the legal wedding that provided me health insurance, but four years ago today was the public ceremony in my mother's backyard that sealed the deal for family and friends. Not everything went right ... the "pig roast" we requested turned out to be just tinfoil containers of roasted pork (not the same thing at all) and the vegetable trays from Whole Foods were lousy. But Mark Deming performed the ceremony for us and afterward Mike Rodriguez threw one of the best parties I've ever been to in our honor, where The Steve made a rambling speech about love in which he quoted Pink Floyd without irony or self-consciousness (as is his way).

Lori and I haven't planned any kind of profound celebration, as our life together is just one outstanding, exciting moment after another, so it's hard to top our everyday existence. Especially on a Thursday. But we'll do what we can. I love you, Lori ...

No comments: