Thursday, May 21, 2009

Awoke with a relatively clear head this morning, my first in weeks ... the stars must have aligned last night, or perhaps the moon affected the flow of endorphin and serotonin in my brains, because I am feeling steadier than usual. I could attribute this even keel to the good news Lori and I received yesterday (details of which will have to be concealed for the time being), but as good as this news may be it's also potentially life-altering, so our stress level remains as high as we've known in recent months. I'd love to have the answer to my ever-shifting moods ... I could write a self-help book and clean up. Oh, and also be happy.

Tonight we take The End Times back to the Egg for another round of recording. Last week we had a promising start, but we have 16 hours booked over the next couple days so we'll have a much better idea of how the album is progressing by Sunday. Speaking of Sunday, if anyone is left in Seattle (er, West Seattle, actually, which isn't the same thing) over the holiday weekend, The End Times will make a personal appearance at the Skylark Cafe. Show starts at six, we're headlining at nine and all ages are welcome.

Also, if anyone wants to see the Melvins and Green River with Lori this Friday night, she has an extra ticket. I'm not going, I need to protect my delicate hear-holes ...

No comments: