Monday, May 11, 2009

The world's finest distributor of forgotten exploitation films, Something Weird Video, is now selling their wares as inexpensive downloads. While SW's penchant for stuffing their videos/DVDs with extras (vintage ads, trailers, cartoons and forgotten ephemera) doesn't translate in this format, the bargain price and lack of superfluous plastic makes this a hit in my house ... last night I nabbed Doris Wishman's masterpiece of repressed sexuality Bad Girls Go To Hell and the brutal-yet-touching Basket Case for $5.99 each. They both look and sound great, so why not call in sick to work today and explore the dark obsessions of generations past?





And if you're wondering what to get, may I suggest The Ghastly Ones, Gore Gore Girls or Nude on the Moon? You trust me, don't you? You should ...

4 comments:

Mark Lansing said...

He's right, folks. You can trust him on this one.

Cynthia Hooper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uncle Jesse said...

i love basket case! the actress in that movie is awesome.

jenna said...

Oh my god! Basket Case! The best awful movie ever made!! I have so many memories of this movie and the old gang...lol