Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Last Saturday's End Times LC (Left Coast) show fulfilled every wish I harbored for it, and despite some slight exhaustion on my part we performed up to code, and perhaps even beyond it. My life with Lori is consumed by boxes and the day leading up to the evening of the show was spent finishing mixes on five of our eleven completed tracks so we'd have something to pass around to interested persons (while still not "finished" officially, the Three Dead Crows EP can be had for asking, and a few new tracks are up on MySpace). The heat, the traffic, the terror ... Abi kept me sane in the dressing room by talking me through a mild freakout (oh my God, thank you) and then we just did it like we always do, except perfectly and for the last time for a long time. But I hope not forever.

Tyson remarked on Saturday afternoon that I hadn't posted anything about the show here, as is my habit, and while the big reason for that is The Big Move (we roll out Friday morn) and all the activity that generates, the little reason is that I can't get my words together for what the End Times (past and present) meant to me. Both Tyson and Abi eulogized the band, saying far more than I can right now. But I have the feeling that I'll be writing about all this for the next decade at least ... these kids have given me much to consider.

Today is Tuesday, right? That means Desperado plays the Jewelbox tonight, so come see that, we'll be playing the exact same set you loved so much at the Wild Rose last month. We're on late, so plan accordingly.

PS. Lori and I have enjoyed an outpouring of love and support from a lot of friends as we prepare this transition into the next world. Thank you.


1 comment:

henry said...

Looking forward to the Endtimes TC (third coast)